Buttery and sweet breakfast scones, leave a wonderful smell throughout your home first thing in the morning. These are a true autumnal favourite in our house. Served warm from the oven with Peanut Butter or Jam. A popular weaning recipe on my account, Meals for Mini Mouths.
Slightly Spiced Sweet Ginger Apple Scones.
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Cup Grated Apple (Squeezed)
- Place the flour, baking powder, cinnamon & Nutmeg into a bowl.
- Add the butter to the dry mix and using your hands rub it in until you have a bread crumb mix.
- Mix in the egg & vanilla, then finely stir in the milk & grated apple until you have a smooth dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured side and cut into 12 equal portions.
- Shape into little patties and place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in the oven on 180c for 15-20 mins, until they're risen and browning.