A healthier take on the popular breakfast treat that makes you nostalgic! Perfect for the whole family, and a simple one for the kids to help with.
Healthy Poptarts, make a great treat breakfast for all.
- 2 Sheets Pie Crust
- Filling of your choice, jam, chocolate or a homemade fruit filling
- 1/4 Cup Plain or Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese
- Milk to thin it out, as needed
- Cut the crusts into tiny rectangles of the same size.
- Spread about 1/4 to 1/2 a tspn of filling onto one rectangle, put the other on top and seal edges with a fork.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or until golden brown (if you make mini poptarts like I did they won’t take quite as long).
- Allow to cool while you make the frosting.
- Combine 1/4 cup of cream cheese with 1/4 cup Greek yogurt and a bit of milk to thin it out; as needed.
- Add a teaspoon at a time of sweetener, coconut sugar or powdered sugar until reaches desired sweetness.
- Whisk until combined and a similar consistency to frosting.
- Spread on poptarts and add sprinkles or other toppings before the frosting hardens (if you used powdered sugar).