A sweet treat without all of the added sugar you'd find in a store-bought breakfast pastry! Whether you serve these as part of a balanced breakfast, a snack or an after-dinner treat, they're sure to be a hit with kids of all ages! The adults can sneak a few too.
Raspberry Pinwheel Pastries, a sweet treat for everyone, without all the added sugar.
- 1 Sheet of Puff Pastry
- 1/2 Pint Fresh Raspberries
- 1 tspn Agave Nectar
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tblspns White Sugar
- 1/2 tspn Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a bowl with a whisk mixer or electric hand beater.
- Mash the raspberries in a separate bowl with the agave nectar or honey.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into squares (the size is up to you) and add a dollop of the cream cheese filling to the middle of each square.
- Drop a smaller dollop of the raspberry mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture and top with 1-4 raspberries, dependent on how large you cut your squares (we could only fit 1-2).
- Cut four lines (not cutting into the cream cheese mixture or underneath it) starting from the centre, leading to each corner of the squares.
- Fold one corner from each of the four sections into the middle and lightly press it into the raspberry mixture.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.