Ideal mid-week dish, takes no time at all to make & there is always plenty left over for the following day. Creamy & comforting this is sure to be a hit with everyone. We like to enjoy this with a nice chunky garlic bread on the side.
A quick creamy & comforting Cheese & Broccoli Pasta Dish.
- 2-3 cups macaroni pasta
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 heaped tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1-2 cups whole milk
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Handful broccoli florets
- Handful Mushrooms, finely chopped
- Place the pasta into a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 mins before adding the broccoli then cook for a further 5-10 mins, until both are cooked. Drain and set to one side.
- Meanwhile place the onion, garlic and mushroom into another pan with the butter and cook until the butter has melted and the onion has softened.
- Then stir in the flour.
- Cook for a minute before gradually stirring in the milk, bit by bit, until you have a smooth but thick sauce.
- Stir in the cream and cream cheese, if still a little too thick add some more milk.
- Once you have the desired thickness, stir this sauce into the pasta & broccoli.