A warming family dinner dish. Perfect for making ahead of time. Popping into the oven and serving to everyone at the end of a busy day. The soft, fluffy & dairy free scones on top are ideal for soaking up all the tasty creamy chicken filling. Suitable for everyone.
Creamy Chicken Cobbler, a warming family dinner time dish.
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts, chopped
- 3 Carrots, chopped
- Handful Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- Handful Frozen Peas
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 200ml Chicken Stock
- 4 tbsp Double Cream
- 1 tsp Dried/Fresh Thyme
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- For The Biscuits
- 2 Cups Flour
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 100ml Milk Of Choice
- Place the chopped Carrots, Onion and mushrooms into a pan & cook until the Onion has softened.
- Add the chicken, once cooked on all sides, stir in the butter until Melted.
- Then stir in the flour, gradually add the chicken stock, little by little stirring constantly until it is all added and you have a thick smooth sauce. Add a little more water if required.
- Stir in the double cream, Thyme, black pepper & peas. Leave to cool in an oven proof dish.
- Whist the chicken filling is cooling. Place the flour into a bowl. Then using your fingers rub the butter into the flour until it forms a breadcrumb consistency. Gradually stir in the milk until you have a sticky dough.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface. Roll out to around 2inch inches thick. Using a circle cutter, cut out the biscuits. Place onto the cooled chicken filling.
- Once the dish is covered, place in the oven for 30 mins on 170c.