These are a great lunchtime alternative & a welcome change from offering sandwiches. My children love to enjoy these cut into strips with a side of hummus or ketchup for dipping. They also make a relatively mess free on the go snack & are suitable for all ages.
A savoury pancake, ideal for lunchtime & snacking packed full of hidden veggies.
- 3 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Cup Peas
- 1/2 Cup Oats
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Place Peas & Chia Seeds into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the Almond milk and mix. Followed by the Flour, Oats & Baking powder.
- Once you have a smooth batter, heat a frying pan. Spray with a little olive oil and add small tbsp dollops of the batter to the pan.
- Once your Pancakes begin to have little air holes on top, flip and brown on the other side. The trick to these is a low heat & slow cook.
- Once browned on both sides, place on a cooling wire.