The perfect winter warming soup for cold and wet days. Filling, yet light and with a spicy twist. Freezes well & perfect for the whole family to enjoy!
The perfect winter warming soup for cold and wet days.
- 1 Chicken Carcass (whole chicken, breasts and thighs removed) or 1 chicken thigh and breast each
- 2 cups peeled, diced Sweet Potatoes
- 4 cups Mixed Vegetables (broccoli and cauliflower florets, peas, green beans, carrots)
- 1 can of full fat Coconut Milk (400 ml)
- 1 small, Diced Onion
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Mild Curry Powder to taste (preferably Madras style as this is usually spicy yet mild)
- Salt and Pepper to taste (omit for children under 1)
- Cook a simple chicken broth with onion and chicken:
- Heat the olive oil, saute the diced onion until golden brown, add chicken carcass and water
- Let it boil for an hour.
- Remove chicken and let these chicken parts cool. Peel all the meat away, cut it into small pieces if necessary and set aside.
- Add the sweet potatoes, vegetables, and coconut milk to the chicken broth. Let it cook for about 10 minutes until everything is soft.
- Baby Style - suitable for spoon feeding.
- Drain off the veggies and sweet potatoes, reserving the liquid. Puree about 130 g of these together with 30 g of chicken meat and add liquid to preferred consistency. Add a small dash of mild curry powder for baby's from 8 months on.
- Baby Style - BLW
- Drain off the veggies and sweet potatoes. Serve these chunky parts and cuts of chicken meat spread out on a plate. Serve the liquid in a small beaker or mug.
- Toddlers - self feeding with cutlery
- Drain off the veggies and sweet potatoes, reserving the liquid. Add small pieces of chicken. Serve relatively dry soup with a spoon and liquid in an accompanying cup. Cautiously add curry powder, salt, and pepper.