100g caster sugar
140g unsalted butter
50g light brown sugar
150g self raising flour
1 mashed banana
1 tbsp cocoa powder mixed with 1 tbsp hot water
Handful of cacao nibs (optional) or choc chips
1) Preheat oven to 160 degrees and grease your mini loaf tin.
2) Whisk together the butter and sugar until smooth.
3) Add in whisked eggs and flour and whisk together until just combined.
4) Separate Into 2 bowls equally, add mashed banana to one, and cocoa powder mixed with water to the other and whisk both bowls until just combined. (Don’t over mix)
5) Gently stir cacao nibs to the chocolate mixture.
6) Dollop spoonfuls of each amount into individual mini loafs cases and use a toothpick to swirl mixture around so it looks mottled.
7) Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
8) Check with a toothpick that the mixture comes out clean, and leave on a baking rack to cool.
Batch cook where possible.
We love the thought of cook once, eat twice, and just pop the extras in the freezer for later