2/3 cup wholemeal or plain flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 mashed banana
2 medium carrots or 3 smaller ones, grated (about 1 cup)
1/8 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk of choice (we used unsweetened soy milk)
1 tbsp coconut oil (or coconut butter), melted, plus more for cooking
1) Wash, peel and grate your carrots.
2) In a mixing bowl, mash half a banana.
3) In a small bowl, prepare your chia egg.
4) Add grated carrots, milk, chia egg and vanilla extract to mixing bowl and mix evenly.
5) Add in chopped walnuts and melted coconut oil.
6) Sieve in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and baking soda. If using wholemeal, pour the pieces that remains in your sieve in as well.
7) Gently fold in until all of the ingredients are combined - careful not to overmix the batter.
8) Heat coconut oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
9) Add in pancake batter. Cook for 2-3 minutes until you start to see bubbles forming on the top. Once you see the bubbles forming, flip. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Repeat till all batter are cooked, add more coconut oil between batches if needed.
Batch cook where possible.
We love the thought of cook once, eat twice, and just pop the extras in the freezer for later