1 Onion finely chopped
2 cloves of Garlic, peeled and crushed
½ Tsp Ground Nutmeg
4 Sheets of Filo Pastry
1. Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic for 10 minutes until soft
2. Add the spinach and cook for 5 minutes gently stirring
3. Tip into a sieve and squash it down to remove as much excess liquid as possible. Leave to cool a little.
4. Beat the egg and mix it with the ricotta and nutmeg.
5. Heat the oven to 200C
6. Spray a 20cm loose-based cake tin with a little oil. Line it with the filo sheets.
7. Spoon the cheese and spinach mixture into the tin.
8. Fold any overhanging pastry over the top of the pie.
9. Brush the top with egg.
10. Bake for 25-30 minutes until or until the pastry is golden brown and crisp.
Serve warm or cold.
Once you have cut out portions for your little one- season and crumble feta on top for yourself!