A lightly spiced simple family dish. Packed with Vegetables & Nutrients in one easy to make meal. Serve with a side of fresh bread for a filling family meal.
Perfect Family One Pot Dish, great for those busy nights.
- 500g Steak Mince (optional, meat not essential)
- 1.5 Cups Basmati Rice, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Puree
- 2 Peppers
- 2 Onions
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 4 Cups Boiling Water
- Low Salt Stock Cube
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 2 tsp Mild Curry Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1tsp Paprika
- Place the onions, Peppers, garlic and butter into a pan. Cook until the veg has softened. Add meat of choice and brown. (we like Steak Mince)
- Add the rinsed rice, 4 Cups boiling water, stock cube, spices & tomatoes.
- Simmer & Stir occasionally until the water is gone and the rice is cooked. Add a little more water if required.